The surgery has a new service that will help you to get speedy advice about a health problem. Our new service offers on-the-day telephone consultations and face-to-face consultations if deemed appropriate by the doctor and patient. This service is for urgent and non-urgent problems.
How to access our service
- Ring our main reception number (01638 666887) and advise our reception team you need an appointment with a doctor.
- Our receptionist will take some basic contact information from you. If you have difficulty receiving a call, you can tell our receptionist the best time and number for a call-back.
- Our receptionist will also ask for a brief description of your reason for requesting an appointment. It is helpful if you can provide this information as it allows our doctors to prioritise their calls based on clinical need.
- If you prefer to speak to a particular doctor, please ring between 08.00 and 10.00. After this time most doctors are seeing patients face-to-face and calls are then taken by our daily on-call doctor/s only.
- If you ring after 14.00 and your call is not urgent, you may be asked to call back the following morning. This is because later in the day our doctors are still busy seeing patients booked in from earlier in the day and undertaking review clinics for patients with long-term conditions.
- If you walk into the surgery to be seen instead of ringing, it is unlikely you will be seen any quicker, unless it is an emergency. You may still receive a telephone call back from the doctor and given a time to attend the practice if required. It is unlikely this will be immediately and it is therefore better if you ring us first before attending the practice.
- Our reception team are now able to book some appointments direct with the nursing team. Let our reception team know the reason for your call and if this is the case, you will be given an appointment time to attend the nurse clinic.
- Remember, our early morning telephone consultations may be booked online if you are registered for this service. If in doubt, please speak to a member of our reception team who will help you to register.
Why change our appointment system?
By offering telephone and face-to-face consultations, we are able to offer our patients a more flexible service that meets the needs of a whole range of people, including those that have difficulty accessing our services during normal working hours.
Our service mainly provides an on-the-day consultation which is much more acceptable than having to wait for a period of time under the traditional pre-bookable system. This also prevents the practice from having large numbers of DNA’s (did not attends) where patients booked appointments in advance and did not let us know when they were not attending. This therefore makes every appointment count.
For full details of how this new service will operate, please either pick up a leaflet when next in the practice.
If you would like to speak to a doctor of your choice. Please see our doctors rota attached, which shows their normal working days. Please be aware that this is just a general guide as doctors may be away from the practice for personal or work reasons.
We are now able to offer our patients the opportunity to pre-book a telephone appointment with a GP online. The appointments available will be for a telephone call-back from the GP only, similar to if you had called in the surgery that morning and requested an appointment over the telephone.
You will need to come into the surgery and ask a member of our reception team for log-on details to access online services, unless you have previously registered for online appointments or online prescription requesting. You will be given a welcome letter and instructions on how to register. Click here for more information
Once you have registered, you will be able to log in to the patient access screen and pre-book a telephone consultation with a GP. You will also be able to order your repeat prescriptions from the same screen if required.
PLEASE NOTE: The slots available for pre-booking will be at 00:01, 00:02 or 00:03 hours – this is not when you will receive your call back. The GP will begin calling patients booked in for a telephone call from 08.00 onwards.
Touch Screen Checking-In System
We have a touch-screen checking-in system in the porch to enable patients to quickly book in on arrival without having to queue. So, if you have no queries but simply want to book in, bypass the queue by entering your month of birth and then day and the screen should confirm your appointment. All you have to do then is take a seat and wait to be called.
If you cannot attend an appointment for any reason please inform us as soon as possible in order for us to give the slot to someone else.